The smart tapping and rapid dance moves of the Vogelkop Superb Bird-of-Paradise (Lophorina niedda) inspired this Musou Black timepiece, our second creation in the series. Ultra-dark and determined for a challenge, the dial face resembles the Vogelkop Superb’s striking black plumage, while two iridescent green-blue dots on the bezel represent its majestic eyes. We only hope you don't have to work as hard to court a fellow watch-lover.
The Safari Vogelkop Superb has a solid stainless steel 40mm build with an integrated bracelet and DeepPVD coating, which is a darker PVD layer to complement its Musou Black dial. Reinforced with super AR coating, the multiple anti-reflective layers will help retain its deep black visual even in broad daylight. Track elapsed time with the 120-clicks bezel lumed with Japan Super-LumiNova®. The convex grooves allow a comfortable hold for adjusting time, along with an easy-grip screw-down crown. The exhibition caseback is finished with custom artwork of our celebrated bird.
If we've learnt anything from the Vogelkop Superb, it's this - Effort Is Sexy.
- Case: 40mm 316L Stainless Steel Deep PVD with drilled lugs
- Bezel: 120 clicks 60 minutes uni-directional stainless-steel bezel
- Movement: SII NH35A Automatic
- Water Resistance: 200m (660ft) / 20ATM
- Crown: Screw-down crown
- Dial: Superkuro Musuo Black Dial
- Hands: Custom hands with Vogelkop-blue Japan Super-LumiNova®
- Lens: Flat hardened sapphire lens with Super-AR coating double-side
- Strap: Quick-released bracelet with custom artwork buckle
- Lug size: 20mm / 0.78"
- Lug to lug: 46mm / 1.88"
- Weight: 140g (w/ bracelet) / 70g (wo/bracelet)
- Case Back: Sapphire exhibition caseback with custom artwork